Saturday, November 13, 2010

BEN TURNS 5!

Ben turned FIVE last Tuesday, and he had a great day celebrating with his cousins. Ben has three other cousins that were all born within four months after him, so I thought it would be fun for him to have a party with all of the soon to be five year olds: Justin, Stephan, and Amy. We were really sad that Stephan couldn't come, but he had lots of fun with Amy and Justin and his little cousin Kylee. I had his party during the day while the big kids were at school, so it was just the preschoolers! Ben decided on an Iron Man party this year......he really loves super heroes. We all had a yummy taco lunch, and then got the kids Iron Man ready. I printed off masks for the kids to wear, and we taped glow bracelets on their chests for their arc reactors. I found the cutest little Nerf type guns at Target, and couldn't resist getting one for each of the kids to use to help fight bad guys.
I set up an obstacle course in my backyard in four sections. At the end of each section was an Iron Man bad guy. They had to get past all the obstacles to get to the bad guy and defeat him. So, like in this first picture they had to swing over the duckie of doom (filled with balloon bombs), then avoid the poisonous bubbles, and then scale the Table Top Mountain to reach the bad guy. I think the kids had lots of fun, though Ben went through the obstacle course once and then just wanted to go back inside to open presents. I made him stay out though, and they played for a while.




Ben really loved all his presents and is still having fun playing with all of them. He loves having his own big tub of Legos to play with.

I had to stick in this cute picture of my niece Katelyn just waiting for things to get put on the floor, so she could play with them.

Ben got a cool Wolverine costume from Kara, Justin, and Grace, and he just loves it! He has worn it everyday since his party.


When the big kids got out of school, they all took their turns running around outside. And even after everyone left, my kids stayed out and played until it got dark. I always let my kids pick what they want to eat for dinner on their birthday and Ben told me he wanted biscuits, breadsticks, and noodles. Yup. Well, it was his birthday, so I had to give him what he wanted.
Thanks to everyone who came on Tuesday to help Ben celebrate! He was absolutely exhausted by the end of the day, but he told me that he had loved his birthday. And I just have to add how blessed we were with absolutely gorgeous weather! Because this is what my yard looked like this morning:

1 comments:

Jay and Kara Barney said...

Wow 5! I can't believe it. What a great party. Wish we could've been there.