Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A LITTLE CHRISTMAS........FINALLY

We FINALLY put up our Christmas tree this past Sunday.  The kids were getting so mad at us that we hadn't done any decorating and Paige had even asked her Grandma if she could spend Christmas Eve at her house so she could wake up and have a Christmas tree.  I haven't neccessarily been feeling Scroogey this year, but I have definitely not felt like I have the time to devote to getting into the Christmas spirit.  Too many other things to do and think about.  My poor kids.  But Sunday is pretty much the only day that we all get to spend together so we got a nice fire going........

and played some Christmas music on the piano..................
and had some yummy Christmas treats (I only seem to make these cookies at Christmastime and they are Matt's favorites so I consider them Christmas treats).................
and Matt and I snuggled on the couch and let the kids do most of the work...........
 
The kids are much happier now that the tree is up, and now just keep bugging us about presents to go under it. 

Oh, and I just have to add that while all this was going on, Ben came up to me and said he had a secret.  So he sat on my lap and whispered in my ear that he had gotten three Christmas cards from primary when he went to church with his cousin and he wanted to give them to Matt, Porter, and Paige.  Ben was insistent that he wanted to put a dollar in their cards and I suggested that maybe we could just give them candy in their card, but he was insistent.  Before I knew it he had gotten the cards and a dollar for each one and filled them out.  I then helped him tape a little bag of skittles and insert the dollar into each. 

It was really so sweet how determined he was to do this for Matt and his siblings.  Maybe a little less sweet when you read what he wrote on the inside of the cards: "Dont be meen" & "Dont yell at your son"...............but still pretty sweet of him. 

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Love it! Love your Christmas spirit too!

Kori said...

Yay! Christmas! The cookies look awesome! Can you share the recipe?

Kelley said...

You are hilarious! I think that must be where Ben gets it! Merry Christmas to you and your family! Love you!