I have been meaning to get on here, but I haven't had too much to blog about lately. Plus I have the winter blahs so bad I am finding it hard to get myself to do anything. I have never realized before how much I love the sun until this winter. All these cold, grey days are really hard to take. Fortunately, we were blessed last week with two beautiful, sunny days. Paige, Ben and I took advantage of them by going on a long bike ride. But where's Porter, you ask? He couldn't drag himself away from his video games. Crazy kid. I guess he figured he had enjoyed the nice weather enough at recess.
Every January Matt starts to get the gardening itch. Out come his gardening books and the seeds, and he starts to plan out what he wants to plant and where it's going to go. I think that is what keeps him going for these last months before spring. He has already starting growing some of the seeds even though he knows it is way too soon. He just can't help himself. So, this is what we have going on in our basement: 
As for me, I have been trying really hard to not feel guilty about taking time for myself and to not say YES to everything that I am asked to do. I have been trying really hard to de-stress and simplify my life. It has been so nice to be able to get things done around here that I have been wanting to do forever. My craft room is actually clean and organized for the first time in a long time. And for those of you that have seen my craft room before you know what a major feat it was to clean it up. I have also started to exercise on a regular basis again......something that I let slide because I always felt like I had too many other things to do. And, that is actually what I should go do now before it gets too late. So.........later!
2 comments:
We miss you guys. Ben is so funny. What a silly kid. I was thinking about Matt and his gardening the other day because we decided to get some seeds and try to get some starts going. We've never done it before, so we'll see what happens. Maybe we'll have to get some advise from Matt.
luvs
Kara
You're kids are so funny! They really say the darndest things. Thanks for letting Paige come play with Bri. She really enjoyed seeing her cousins.
Post a Comment