Saturday, October 17, 2009

"CAMPING" TRIP

Here are finally pictures of the trip to Colorado. For those that don't know, Matt took Porter and Paige on a "camping" trip a couple weeks ago. Matt's parents used to have property in Colorado, and his family would go camping there in the summers. Matt has been dying to go back there and relive all the happy memories. He took a week of vacation and decided spur of the moment to plan a trip. Since I am babysitting now I couldn't go, so he just took Porter and Paige with him. They were so stinkin' excited. Paige spent every night before they left working on these cards to give to her friends. She came up with the whole idea herself, and she made like seven of them! So funny!


After checking the weather Matt decided to book a room at the lodge instead of actually camping like originally planned, though the kids still keep saying they went camping. They did get to go fishing and cook over a fire in the fireplace, so that counts right? They all had so much fun enjoying the great, if slightly chilly, outdoors.

Moose walking down the side of the road.......so cool!



And after all their adventures during the day, they got to come back in the evenings to sit in front of the TV watching cartoons and doing all their makeup homework.

Ben was understandably upset at being left out of the trip, so a BIG thank you to Kara for inviting us to spend the night at her house so that Ben could have something to look forward to. It was the funniest thing......when we were packing up Matt and the kids I guess Ben decided he needed to get all his stuff ready to go too. I laughed so hard when I saw him coming down the stairs all ready to go, and laughed even harder when I looked in his bag. He actually did pretty good on the necessities. He had packed a pair of pants, a T-shirt, a pair of undies, shoes, his toothpaste, and toothbrush. What made me laugh is that he had seen us using plastic bags for toiletries and little things, so of course he did the same. He used one giant freezer bag for his toothpaste, a second for his toothbrush, and a third one he stuffed full of matchbox cars. Then he packed about 20 or so books. Funny the things kids think they can't do without for one night.

3 comments:

Kori said...

How fun for your kids--an Matt! That is too cute about Ben's packing! Funny!

Tiffany said...

Looks like they had a ton of fun! I love the story about Ben packing his own bag!

Jay and Kara Barney said...

I bet your kids had such a blast. Ben is awesome. What a character.