I really don't understand the appeal of a white Christmas. Just looking at the snow makes me cold. The kids on the other hand have been thrilled by all the snow we've gotten over the last few weeks.......and they were sure thrilled with the three days of school that got cancelled at the beginning of the month due to snow and ice.
The kids discovered that the steps leading up to the tiers in our backyard make a great sled run. I think this is the first time since we've been in the house that we have gotten enough snow for them to be able to do it. After the first big storm, we went out to Matt's parent's house to help dig them out. Okay......Matt and the kids helped dig them out.......I stayed nice and warm inside with Matt's mom and took pictures through the window. The kids helped by digging out the giant lighted Santa and the small lighted reindeer in the yard, and then decided to play "King of the Giant Snow Mountain".
I think one of their favorite snow moments was the snow cave Matt and Porter dug out in our front yard. Porter actually did a lot of the work, and it was pretty stinkin big inside. They brought a huge comforter into it and just hung out for a while. Porter even made a snow shelf for them to put cups of hot chocolate on, though by the time they got around to wanting their hot chocolate they didn't want to go back outside to drink it.
Even though I am not a huge fan of the snow, I am grateful for it so I can enjoy watching my kids have a good time in it!
6 years ago
1 comments:
Sweet cave! looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment