Saturday, January 7, 2012

GINGERBREAD

Those of you that live around here and have to go through the annual church Gingerbread display hooplah have heard my rants and know my feelings about gingerbread. Every fall just the word gingerbread can put me in a bad mood.  I know.......I have a problem.  Anyway, this year I was feeling very much in the Christmas spirit and decided that for the first time ever we should decorate gingerbread houses as a family........not for display, just for fun.  And it was.........lots of fun.  Definitely something I think we'll do again next year.  The kids really loved it.  Especially when Matt started being Matt and it turned into a contest to see who could make their house the silliest.  My favorite was the gingerbread marshmallows roasting a gingerbread marshmallow over an orange slice fire.  And I also had to laugh when Porter ditched the candy and frosting and just started using a Sharpie.  So, who knows, maybe this fall the word gingerbread won't send me into rants of bitterness.









2 comments:

Jana said...

That roasting marshmallow is HI.LAR.I.OUS!!! I'll probably steal that idea sometime in the distant future and forget where I saw it and pretend I came up with it on my own!

Kori said...

Fun and cute! Love it!