Monday, November 19, 2012

FOR SALE

Our house is now officially for sale.  If you are feeling a little shocked over this news then join the club.  I am still not quite used to the idea myself since it has all come about so quickly.  We have been praying and fasting a ton and this is where we ended up.  I was hoping we would be able to stay in this house until Matt finishes school and gets a real job........and maybe even after that depending on where he could get a job.  We have been blessed that we have been able to hold onto the house the last few years since Matt lost his job, but we just can't make it work anymore.  We are going to try to stay in the area........same schools, same ward.............but who knows where we will end up as we try to find a more affordable place to live.  The kids have really taken the news well, and seem to be fine with the idea of moving.  Matt has been saying for years that we should sell the house, so I think he is happy to finally be taking action.  I have definitely had the hardest time with this decision since not only is this the house I grew up in, it has been our home for longer than any other place since we've been married.  And while all houses have their problems I really have loved living in this house.  BUT, I am at peace because I know that the Lord is guiding us and will lead us to another home where we will be just as happy.........if a little more cramped. :) 

3 comments:

Jana said...

I know of a nice apartment complex that would put you right in your parents' ward. :)

Kori said...

It was a blessing for me to be able to visit you and also feel like I was going back home at the same time! I'll miss that house too! Excited to see where this new step takes you guys! All our best!

Kelley said...

Yes, I must say I am shocked! That house will be dearly missed by many! Sending prayers that you will find a new, wonderful place to call home.