Thursday, January 24, 2013

OFF TO A GOOD START

Was anyone else as happy to wave goodbye to 2012 as we were????  It was not a good year for us.  Thankfully, so far 2013 is looking to be a great year. 

No offers on our house yet, but after the holidays interest has picked up a ton and we have been having lots of showings.  Great motivation to keep our house clean.  I actually am not too concerned about selling our house.  I just know that things will work out in that regard.........what I was really stressed out about was where we were going.  Our house search was not going very well.  We were not finding anything in our price range in an area we wanted to live in.  The few houses that we did find all seemed to already have multiple offers or they weren't doing any more showings or something.  So last week Matt and I had an open morning together and he said that we were going to sit down together and look at houses online.  (Up to this point I had not been helping Matt look for houses at all..........I figured he knew what we were looking for and would let me know when he found something.)   So we sat down and were getting frustrated at our lack of options when we found "the one".  It had just been posted that same day, we got in to see it that night, and made our offer the next day.  Supposedly the lady had like 20 showings on the house in just a few days and there were multiple offers, but they ended up excepting ours and on February 19th we will have a new house!!!  I'll post pictures when I get some.  We took the kids over on Sunday to check it out (we wanted to check it out one more time before we accepted the counter offer and made it official) and Paige took pictures.......mostly of the lady's cat.........she might have got one of the front of the house though.  I'll have to check.  I knew it was the right house because it made me feel happy and excited about moving. 

We have also had some changes on the job front for both of us.  Hopefully really good changes.  Matt got a job at the new Walmart Neighborhood Market that is opening up in the Capehart area and we are hoping it will be a good, non-stressful, non-irritating job for him while he is in school.  He will be working overnight in the meat/frozen/dairy area.  Never would I have ever thought that Matt and I would both be working at Walmart and be happy about it.  HaHa.  But for now it is a good fit.  And I just got some exciting news yesterday...........I got a job in our pharmacy as a tech.  I'll start the beginning of next month and I am super excited.  Nervous too about all the new things I will have to learn, but mostly excited.  It will be good for me to exercise my brain a little more.

Matt is taking an EMT basic course at Metro right now and he is really liking it.  It is right up his alley.  He is still not 100% on what career path he wants to take.  As of right now he is planning on going ahead and starting the paramedic course next.  His big concern is job availability and if he can handle the stressful situations.  We are just going to keep on praying for guidance and keep moving forward.

We have been so very blessed.  The Lord is helping us to make the changes that we need to in our lives to be happier and more successful in every aspect.  I hope that everyone else's year is off to as good of a start as ours is.    

4 comments:

Kori said...

Yay! I am so happy for you! Thanks for the update!

Kelley said...

I'm so happy that things are going so well for you and your family. As sad as I am that you (we) have to say goodbye to the old house, I am happpy that you've found a nice house that you will be happy in.

Tiffany said...

What great news! My girls are going to be devastated that they won't find you behind the jewelry counter anymore! Being at the pharmacy does NOT allow for little drop in visits! But, I bet you are excited for the change!

Jana said...

This is great news! Do your kids get to go to the same schools? Same ward?