Sunday, December 14, 2008

SUPER BIRTHDAY!

Tonight we went to Lincoln for my nephew Justin's 3rd birthday party. Justin is crazy about superheroes right now, so my sister Kara of course had to do a superhero themed party. I had to share these pictures because she made the cutest capes for all the kids to wear. All the capes are made out of fleece, and she used felt to make the superhero decals on the back of the capes. She found some cute masks online and printed them off for the kids to wear. I love that her husband Kim even joined in the fun as Batman. But my favorite was Kara's niece Marissa....she was a Cheetah Girl. She had a cool cheetah print cape with cheetah eyes on the back and a cheetah print mask. The kids loved being superheroes and loved being sent on a mission to find "bombs" (goodie bags) that the bad guy had hidden in their house. It was pretty funny to notice that after a while most of the girls took off their masks and capes, but the boys all kept theirs on all night while they played.

Here are my kids striking their superhero poses and then showing off their outfits with all their cousins.......lookout evil villains!
Just had to add on this picture of my nieces Aliyah and Kylee......they didn't get to be superheroes, but they are just too cute not to include.

1 comments:

Kelley said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Kara, your capes and stuff look fantastic! I think I say this in every comment, but - I MISS YOU ALL!!