Saturday, April 3, 2010

CRAFTINESS

It has been a long time since I have felt like being creative or crafty, but my sister Kara has helped spark some life back into my desire to make things. She has found some great blogs with some great ideas, and we have had fun lately trying to recreate some of the things we've seen. It has been fun to be broadening my crafting horizons and doing something other than just making cards. Kara has really gotten excited about repurposing clothes, and she got the idea to make a summer dress for Paige out of a maternity shirt she had. She took the seems in on the side and added ruffles on the bottom and the cute rosettes up top. It looks so stinkin cute on Paige!

As we were browsing through ideas online we came across these cute necklaces made out of washers. You pretty much just cut out scrapbook paper and adhere it to the washer, put on a high gloss finish, then string it up with a bead. So easy and really cute.



I have a couple of other projects that I'll post when I get pictures or when they are done, and hopefully Kara will start posting some of her cute projects on her blog (hint, hint kara).

3 comments:

Kara said...

Oh! I love it on paige! Looks so much better on her!

Kori said...

I love those necklaces! Great job! Must....have.....washer....necklace......

Kelley said...

Very cute! And I'm very jealous that you get to get together and craft! I love the black and white washer necklace - so cute! Kara did a great job on the dress, too!