Wow, time is just flying by........we have had lots going on and with me working now I feel like most of my life is a blur. Just wanted to say that we are well........we are here.......we are hanging in there. I really don't feel like dealing with pictures, so I'll just give a few things that we've been up to.
Matt: Started taking some online classes, so he spends a lot of his time on the computer now. Ben came down here one day and said, "Soooo.........the computer is your teacher?" Matt is slowly but surely working on our garden. The weather has been so crazy the last couple of months that he has not done as much as he normally would. We were having some absolutely gorgeous weather and then one day we woke up to cold and frost all over the ground that looked like snow. Ben asked if it was almost Christmas. That has pretty much been the weather around here lately.
Kaci: Work..........and whatever else I can manage to squeeze in. When I am home Ben is my little shadow. He wants my constant attention. I was so excited to get some projects done, but that has gotten sidetracked by work and other things demanding my attention. I am working on wedding invitations for my niece, so that has been my crafty project that I am trying to squeeze in time for. I am not a den leader in cub scouts anymore. I am the advancement chair though, so I am still involved in our pack. I also got called to be the Second Counsellor in Relief Society which has been a whole new world for me. Right now my big excitement is the thought of being able to sleep in next week when school gets out. I work till Eleven or later most nights, so being able to sleep in will be heaven for me. (Last summer I was babysitting, so I didn't get to enjoy sleep in days while my kids were out of school) Also, still babysitting Ben #2 until next week when school gets out.
Porter: Has been one busy guy!! He graduated from Cub Scouts when he turned 11 in March and is now enjoying being a Boy Scout! He just finished up playing in a flag football league and he had so much fun with that. Baseball will be starting up this month and it will be his first year of kid pitch. Can't wait. Porter has been absolutely dieing to learn to play the piano and we were so blessed when his Aunt Tiffany offered to give him lessons. And we were all impressed when he decided to try out for his school talent show playing a piece on the piano. He made it (probably everyone that tried out did :) ) , and we just went the other day to watch him play two short pieces. He did such a great job, and I am really proud of him for doing it. He is doing great in school and has participated in a couple of academic competitions. He also started a comic book company with a friend from school and is having fun writing comics starring his super-hero creation "Captain Apple".
Paige: Also had a birthday! My little NINE year old now. She likes to make sure to remind me frequently that she is a tomboy, and has been asking for a skateboard for a while now. Well, she finally has one and her favorite thing to do with it is to sit on it and ride it down the driveway. She is still very active in Girl Scouts. She is on the student council this semester and has had lots of opportunity to help out with school activities.
Benjamin: Soon to be a kindergartner! We signed him up in March and his first taste of school will be next month when he goes to the pre-K summer school class. He is SO SO SO very excited! He is also going to playing T-ball for the first time and he can't wait for that either.
Feels good to get something put on here.......I have been meaning to and I didn't want this to turn into one more thing that I start but don't finish. Hope everyone reading this is doing well..........go update your blogs so I can read about what's going on with you!!!
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment