I do have more Duck Tape projects to share..........I've just been busy and distracted. But luckily HALLOWEEN gave me good motivation to get one project done and blogged about. From the time that I started bringing home Duck Tape for Paige to play with, Porter has been talking about making a Duck Tape costume. We had settled on making a Knight costume and had started working on his shield when I had an inspiration........Captain America! He is one of Porter's favorite super heroes lately and we have all been excited about the movie which recently came out so it seemed like a great idea and you should have seen Porter's eyes light up when I suggested it. So here is the finished costume:
Paige was a cat this year. When I asked her what color cat she wanted to be she looked at me like I was stupid and said, "Black of course! It's Halloween!!!" I made her a cute collar to go around her neck though you can't see it in the picture. She was getting irritated when we were out because people kept calling her Cat Woman and then Porter had to keep pointing out that Cat Woman was evil which would then start them arguing........and that cycle repeated many times throughout the night.
And Ben was Wolverine. Mostly because we already had it!
The kids had a good time and as they had all been either sick or recovering from being sick they were just happy to have gotten to go out trick-or-treating at all. All I can think is: One down, Two more to go!
5 comments:
I meant to tell you that I loved Porter's costume. Who knew that duct tape could provide so much! :)
It fooled me! I had no clue Porter's costume was not store-bought. It was very convincing!
I think homemade costumes are the best! And I think you just proved it! Great job!
Totally jealous of the Captain America costume. The basketball hoop pole looks like Paige's tail: long and standing straight up.
Great job! They all look great!
Post a Comment