Monday, March 16, 2009

CATCH UP

I am so excited......today is going to be such a beautiful day!! I checked the weather when I woke up and found out it was going to be in the seventies!! Oh Happy Day!! I have never been more excited for spring than I am this year. Waking up to hear about the beautiful weather totally made up for my first wake up call of the morning........Ben came in and woke me up around five a.m. because he wanted to change his outfit. UGH!

Okay, time to catch up on all the things I've been meaning to post this past week. First off, Matt and I just celebrated our 10 year anniversary. It's pretty crazy to think back and see how fast the years have flown by. We have been truly blessed in our ten years together and hope that the next ten will be even better! Thanks to my mom and to Kevin and Tiffany we were able to go out on an actual date which we hadn't done in a long time. I had really wanted to get a picture of us together on our anniversary while we were all looking nice for going out, but of course I forgot until we were home and I had changed into sweats. I asked Porter to take a picture of us and then of course the other two had to take one too. So here's what we ended up with. See if you can figure out which kid took which picture.

Porter made me smile last week when he insisted on wearing his hair in a mohawk to school. He even asked to borrow my gel. It is just really not like him to have strong opinions about what he wears or what his hair looks like, so it surprised me. He loved it though and wants to wear his hair like this everyday now. We'll see.......


The kids had a fun cousin-filled weekend. On Friday night we got to have a fun sleepover with Marissa and Justin. The boys ran around all night with the Nerf guns making loud shooting noises while the girls mostly hung out up in the bedroom whispering and doing whatever it is little girls do. On Saturday morning, I think Ben and Justin were both so tired from all the excitement of the night before that they were not getting along all that great. They kept fighting about the silliest little things. My favorite was when Ben put on his coat which has a big picture of Spiderman on the back. Justin reached over to the coat and held out his fist to Ben and said "I got the Spiderman power." Ben was not too happy about that and started chasing Justin to get it back. They chased each other around for awhile yelling "I got the Spiderman power", "now I got the Spiderman power" like a game of tag. It was pretty funny. I finally had to give each of them a little of the "power" to share.

On Saturday night we got to watch my niece Kylee. She is always entertaining to have around. Paige loves getting to play mom to her little cousins, and she was a big help in taking care her. Kylee is at such a cute age.......I love getting to spend time with her and enjoy all the fun of a cute little toddler without the headache of having one permanently.
And last, Porter got to compete in his first Cub Scout Pinewood Derby this weekend. He didn't seem to be too excited about the whole thing. His car did okay.....not great, not terrible. Afterward Porter said that he got the most excited when he found out they were going to serve lunch. Is he my son or what??

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

It was so fun reading about all that's been happening with you guys! I love the info about Porter and especially the hair! It's always fun to hear what your kids say and do!

Katie said...

When did Porter become such a young man? They grow up too fast!! We miss and love you all. Congrats on 10 years by the way. I think you're GORGEOUS in the sweats :-)

Kori said...

That is halarious! LOVE the stories! BTW, your kids are just adorable!