Last Tuesday, Porter got his first big Cub Scout award.......his Wolf rank. It's funny to think back to when he first started Cub Scouts last year. I remember telling Matt that scouts was all his domain. I felt like working on Cub Scouts was great father/son bonding time. And then of course I got asked to be Porter's den leader, so it's pretty much been me working on all the scout stuff with Porter. It feels good to have gotten him through his first year. Next month he'll be moving up and won't be in my den anymore, so maybe then I'll be able to push Matt and Porter into working on his Bear together.
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Rose for showing up to support Porter and make him feel special!
Last Thursday night we were able to have a fun family night at the Tangier Shrine Circus thanks to a very nice neighbor who gave us tickets. Our neighbor said that they bought tickets every year to support the Shriners but never used them. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get too many pictures because the battery in our camera was pretty much dead (which I had realized taking those pictures of Porter above a couple days before, but since I am brain dead I had just forgotten to take care of it before the circus).
It was Ben's first trip to the circus, so I was excited to see how he would react to it all. He was so cute and serious while we were waiting for the show to start. He just sat so quietly in his chair with his hands folded taking it all in.
I had to get a picture of the guy getting into the cannon. I didn't take pictures of any of the show, so I would have batteries left to get this picture. The cannon had been sitting there since before the show started and once Porter got a look at it, he really became obsessed with it. All throughout the show he would just out of the blue keep bringing up the cannon......."I wonder who they're going to shoot out of the cannon"......."I wonder what he's going to land in"......."When are they going to shoot the cannon already??!!!" Of course it was the very last thing they did, and it was pretty cool.
2 comments:
Wow, you function very well for being brain dead. What has your doctor prescribed for you?! Oh, and Congrats to Porter for getting his Wolf! Don't let enthusiasm for scouts die down! (this coming from a dropout)
Wow, i can't believe you posted a picture with YOU in it! :-D You look great though! Love your posts!
Post a Comment