Friday, June 19, 2009

I LOVE THIS PART!

Thought I'd post pictures of some of the yummy things we are starting to get from our garden because I am so excited about it. I love when I get to enjoy the fruits of Matt's labor!


Our yummy Raspberries are finally starting to ripen!

The rainbow colored chard was a little disappointing......the color I mean. I really thought the leaves would be different colors, but it is just the veins in the leaves. Hopefully the different colored cauliflower will be more exciting. Chard is actually pretty tasty.......I have definitely been broadening my fruit and veggie horizons since I married Matt.

Sugar Snap Peas.........something that I probably wouldn't have chosen to eat before, but now I love them!
Ummm, strawberries! One of my favorite things in our garden. Not doing so hot this year, but it makes me enjoy each one we get even more!

And lots of other yummy things that we'll be enjoying in the days and weeks to come! I think I have been enjoying the whole gardening process a lot more this year. I have had bad allergies for as long as I can remember, but for some reason this year.....nothing. I don't know if it has to do with the RA and all the craziness going on in my body or maybe one of the medications I'm on or maybe something else entirely, but either way I am definitely enjoying this little silver lining. It makes me much more willing to get outside and help harvest or weed or whatever. The funny thing is that Matt doesn't usually have allergy issues, but this year he is. Craziness. Anyway, for those of you closeby, we love to share! Just let us know!

5 comments:

Jay and Kara Barney said...

I'm so jealous. Our little garden in pots is yielding just a little, but at least we're learning how to do it, so we can grow awesome stuff like raspberries someday.

Kelley said...

I've tried strawberries so many times and can never get them to grow!! Got any tips?? Wish I had the gardening skills that Matt has! My poor gardens look pathetic.

Katie said...

UGH i'm so jealous!!! Since I can't share....if I ever get to start a garden you guys have to be my mentors ;-)

The Blomquist Bunch said...

That's the stuff that dreams are made of right there---backyard fruit and vegetable goodness is such an excellent form of happiness. Congrats!! We still have a dirt and rock garden backyard, but hope to catch up to you guys some day!

Tiffany said...

Oh how I wish we could have all those good fruits and veggies growing in OUR backyard (that is-if we had one)! They all look delicious!