About a week and a half after school got, Porter and Paige started summer school. And I didn't even have to force them. They were both pretty excited about the classes they chose to take this year. Paige's class was called Sports Fun, and she really had a blast. When Matt and I would ask her what she did at school each day, her answer was always the same: "We played games all day!" She also seemed to come home each day with a new scrape or bruise and a little story to go along with it. Porter's class was Music and Movement. He also got to do some fun games and activities, but his class spent most of their time practicing a musical that they performed for the school and their parents. Porter was excited because he loves to perform.......he definitely didn't inherit that from me. He had a cute solo part in the first song that we taped, and I plan on posting it as soon as I figure out how. So for now you can enjoy these pictures I took of the annual summer school Flag Day parade. Each of the classes makes something to wear, wave, or carry, and then they parade around the school grounds and end up gathered around the flag pole where they all say the Pledge of Allegiance. As glad as I am that the kids went to summer school and had fun, I am even more glad now that's it's over and I get to sleep in every day!!
6 years ago
1 comments:
i love that paige is wearing her new sweater Mom made even though it's summer!
Post a Comment