Friday, June 19, 2009

OBSESSION

Ben has never been too big on coloring, but one Sunday during sacrament he pulled out a coloring book and a red crayon and started to go to town coloring some pictures. He spent the entire meeting just coloring one picture after another with his little red crayon. For the next week he was constantly pulling out a coloring book and his little nub of red crayon. Matt and I were actually starting to get a little worried about how obesessed he seemed with his coloring, and he would only use his same red crayon. Every time we asked him if he wanted to use a different color he would reply without even looking up, "Nah, this one works." It does seem like he has mostly gotten it all out of his system now. He still likes to color, but he doesn't do it as much anymore, and he did eventually get to the point where he is willing to use other crayons......but they all have to be red. This past Sunday while he was coloring at church I thought he had finally lost his red obsession. I asked him if he wanted a different color, and he actually said "Yes!" So I handed him the bag of crayons, and the next time I looked over I saw him peeling paper off of, yup, you guessed it, a different RED crayon. Every time I ask him why he likes red so much he just says "Because I do", so I guess I will never know what is going on in his little head. I guess it would probably take all the fun out of it if I did, though, right?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO BIG RED!

Kelley said...

I love it! Red is MY favorite color, so I'm on board for this obsession! And "ditto", Kevin!

Katie said...

HAHA that's so cute! Odd, but cute! Gotta give it to him that he always keeps you on your toes

The Blomquist Bunch said...

awesome. that takes real commitment and focus :)