On Sunday, we packed up the kids and headed out to Iowa to celebrate the graduation of our nephew, Brandin. It always makes me laugh how the kids react to our trips out to visit Matt's family. They always want snacks and drinks, pillows and blankets, books and toys........you'd think we were going to be driving for 5 hours instead of just 45 minutes. And yes, we get the constant "Are we there yet???" We don't make it out to Matt's sister's house very often, and we had a lot of fun visiting there with some family and friends that we hadn't seen for a while.
Matt's mom and sisters are always telling me how much Brandin looks like Matt (especially if you look at pictures of Matt when he was younger), so I thought it would be fun to take a picture of them together.
The kids had a ball eating cake and playing, and then they got really spoiled when a bouncy castle was brought out just for them. Kids get to have all the fun........oh, if only I was 70 lbs. lighter......
As you can imagine, the kids were not happy to leave and were really obnoxious on the way home. Porter and Paige would not stop bickering, so I finally had to use my new favorite form of punishment......the HUG! Porter especially hates having to stand (or sit) there hugging Paige, but they both usually end up laughing and then I don't have to listen to them fighting anymore. As soon as I whipped out the camera Porter pulled his arms away from Paige. He DID NOT want anyone else to be able to see him actually hugging his sister. I told him to put his arms back, but all I could get out of him was one finger touching her back.
1 comments:
I'm glad you had a good visit. You're kids are so hilarious. Can't wait to see you all this weekend!
Post a Comment