Wednesday, September 7, 2011

FIRSTS

Another of our fun family firsts this summer was taking our kids to their first FAIR!  I don't know why we have never gone before.  My brother and his wife have been going to the Sarpy County Fair for years and so we decided to tag along this year. 

We were all soaked with sweat after about ten minutes, so one of the first things the kids were begging for was SNOW CONES!
Seriously.......how cute is this girl?????

 I can't remember what he was asked, but whatever it was he gave it two thumbs up!!!  (And yes.....he is making that face on purpose.........that's my Ben!)
 Super cute niece #2!
 One of the best things about getting all sweaty is that I get to do this to Porter's hair!


 I know.......I am putting up pictures of chickens but this was one of my favorite parts.  They had the coolest looking chickens!  I don't remember seeing ones like this before.


 So..........really all night the kids just wanted to ride the rides.  They have never been to a fair or amusement park before (I know....my poor deprived kids!) so I couldn't say no.  Paige and Porter picked this lovely number to start with.  That thing whips you all over the place while you are spinning upside down.  I was so afraid that Paige was going to come out crying!  It was really hard to stand on the ground watching and not know how they were doing.  And the ride went on forever!!!!
 But they came out just fine and would have done it again if they could!
 Ben of course went on some tamer rides and loved them!

 As Ben was riding the Baby Coaster we saw some lightening off in the distance.  So Matt rushed off with Porter and Paige so they could get in their last ride before the bad weather hit.   I didn't get pictures but they rode on the round spinny ride where you are standing and get sucked against the wall.  By the time Ben and I got over there, Paige and Porter still hadn't gotten on the ride, and the bad weather had started moving in really fast.  I knew they would be so disappointed if they didn't get their ride, but the man running the ride was taking forever doing everything!!  The ride finally got going though and we were just awed by watching the storm roll in.  It got so cold and windy and after the kids got off the ride we booked it to the car just before it start to pour buckets. 
Driving home was not so fun and Paige was really freaking out for a while.  We could barely see because it was raining so hard.  But the fun weather aside, you know it was a good time when all the kids are tuckered out and fall asleep on the way home!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love all the pictures you got! Glad you guys had fun.

Mettlen Moments said...

I am so glad you finally got your posts working! Loved all the pics!