Wednesday, September 7, 2011

FIRST DAY x2

I think you all know that Ben started Kindergarten this year. Though his first taste of school actually happened back in June. The school district always offers some fun summer school classes and this year Ben got to tag along with Paige and Porter. His class was Ready, Set, Go and it was for kids who would be entering Kindergarten in the fall. He was so super excited to go to school........and that lasted about a week and a half and then he wanted nothing more to do with it. It was my fault really.......we had had a really late night because of baseball and the kids were absolutely exhausted the next morning so I let them all stay home. After that I think Ben started thinking school was optional (which really, summer school is but I didn't want him to know that) and he wanted to stay home everyday.
Overall I think he had a good experience. He had a great teacher and he made some friends even if they weren't in his class. He said he mostly played with some 1st graders that he knew from his baseball team.
So here are pictures of the first day of summer school. Porter took a Robotics class and he pretty much built robots out of Legos. He really enjoyed it. Paige's class was about Kindness........to animals, to the planet, to each other. She took it last year so I am not sure why she wanted to take it again, but I think she was pretty bored with it. I think we were all happy when summer school was done and we could sleep in!


Because I had already had all of my "Oh My Goodness My Baby is in Kindergarten and Going to School All Day and What Am I Going To Do With Myself" moments with summer school, the real first day of school was not too difficult. Ben got the same teacher and same classroom he had in summer school and he was just a little "going to school" pro. Still having trouble with him wanting to go to school, and he has already started waking up with excuses every morning........"My forehead is hot. I have a fever!"..........."My hands are too tired, I can't get dressed!"..........From what I can tell (because he doesn't like to tell me things other than "I don't like school") there is nothing in particular that should be keeping him from liking school. He has a great teacher that says he is doing well, he has friends to play with, and he loves PE days. That is actually how we got him excited to go back to school on the second day. We told him all about P.E. and how he would get to go to the gym and play games and sports. He thought that was amazing and the coolest thing ever! Hopefully it will just keep getting better as we go along!

0 comments: