Thursday, September 17, 2009

CATCH-UP

Since I have been such a slacker, thought I'd catch ya'll up on a few fun things that have happened around here in the last month or so. It has been really hard to find not just the time to get on here to post, but also to find the motivation. When I do have free time lately, I am either too tired to get on here or I just want to spend my time doing something more fun. (I have always hated writing!!) Hopefully in the next day or so I can get everything on here that I have been meaning to post.


Last month we went camping with our ward, and I can't even tell you how super excited the kids were. And I can't even tell you how super UN-excited Matt and I were. Matt is kind of a camping snob. His family went camping in Colorado a lot when he was growing up, and he seems to think that you just can't have a good camping experience in Nebraska. (Especially at a park that is only 5 minutes from our house!) Me......I was not excited to be sleeping on the hard ground.......I have a hard enough time getting a good night's sleep in a bed. But it was worth it to make the kids so happy. My favorite part was after we woke up (very, very early) on Saturday morning, we were able to take a nice long walk around the park and along the river, and then we got to go sit down to a very yummy breakfast that I didn't have to cook!

2 comments:

JEROMER7 said...

Sacrificing for the kids is one of the reasons we're on this here planet. Good for you for going camping for the kids.

Kori said...

I am not a camper either. Great thing to do as a family though! Thanks for posting!