Notice anything different about Paige?? 
Not only is she one year older and bigger........she also now has two additional holes in her head! She started begging a while ago to get her ears pierced, and I told her that she could for her eighth birthday. She invited her best friend over for a sleepover, and we girls headed off to the mall. I was really worried how Paige was going to react, but she was such a trooper. She didn't even flinch when the earrings went in. Of course now she absolutely freaks out if anyone gets anywhere near her ears....."OUCH, you touched my ear!
The week before her birthday, Paige gave me this note:
Paige has become very fond of her notes. I don't know if you all remember the Christmas note to Santa..........that was instigated by Paige. She left one for the tooth fairy once, which is funny because she doesn't believe in the tooth fairy. I should have kept that one, but I don't think I did. Since she has moved back into her own room she also likes to post notes on her door sometimes to make sure we are all aware of how she is feeling. The other night I went to check on her before I went to bed and found a note on her door saying something like she wasn't talking to me because I was mean to her or something. Anyway, to translate this note: "Mom, I want to go to Washington Park and buy ribs from c.k. (she means chicken from KFC) and ask Kaelia (Matt's sister.....she's a cake decorator) if she can make a girls rule cake and have a sleep over with just Hannah and sleep down stairs and watch a movie on the big screen. Please and eat popcorn. And get my ears pierced. Please MOM!" Well she got some of what she wanted. On her birthday she came home from school and gave me a sketch of what she wanted her cake to look like:
You probably can't tell, but the boy she drew has a line of drool running out of his mouth, and I love how she put "B-day cake....make today" on the bottom. I'll have to save this drawing to use next year. The night of her b-day she had a Brownie meeting, so instead of making her a cake I had already decided to just make yummy oreo surprise cupcakes for her to take and share with all her friends. And instead of Girls Rule, I went with Girls Rock (because we do!).
6 years ago


2 comments:
Did she have her ears pierced at her baptism? How did I not notice?
Hi Kaci,
It has been so long. I love all the new posts. Your kids are getting so big. I can't believe it. I love the new craft ideas too. I think I might have to give it a try. I hope everything is going great.
luvs
Kara
Post a Comment