I know I have so many things I said I was going to write about. I am falling so far behind because we have had SO MUCH going on lately. Thought I'd post a quick blog about one of my crafty projects, so I could start putting a tiny dent in my backlog of posts. I think I mentioned before that Kara has found a ton of inspirational crafty sites........their are some stinkin' talented girls out there who are so nice to share their ideas and patterns. I saw this idea for a headband and was determined to make my own (I love headbands!): http://kari-youcanmakeit.blogspot.com/2010/01/creative-guest-ruffles-and-stuff.html. I found this ribbon at HobbyLobby, and since it was already elasticized all I had to do was sew the ends together and add an embellishment. Doesn't get any easier than that, and I love how they turned out. The blue beaded embellishment is actually an old clip on earring from one of my grandmas. I love finding ways to use things like that.......things that have been lying around for awhile that you think you will never use.......especially things that have sentimental value. I need to go back and get some different colors of this ribbon and find some more unique embellishments and I'm sure I'll be making lots more. (and doesn't Paige make the cutest model?)

2 comments:
How cute! I've been wondering where to get ribbon like that so I could make some headbands for the girls. Thanks for sharing!
As always - so cute! Glad to see you found a way to use that old costume jewelry from Grandma. I think that makes them extra special!
Post a Comment