Well, school has been out for a whole week now, and YES the kids are already driving me crazy! And it is not as if we have been sitting around all week with nothing to do either, so they shouldn't be bored out of their minds yet. I just dropped them off at a church primary activity and had to come home to enjoy an hour of peace and quiet. Thought I'd be productive by catching up on some of the posts I've been meaning to write.
My kids have forever been asking for a pet. We tried a dog once, but that didn't work out. Porter came home from school about a month ago with a paper saying that they had been studying these beetles (can't remember what kind they are) and the kids were allowed to take them home as long as they could provide a good habitat for them. I figured, why not? The kids want pets, and a tiny little beetle might be a good place for them to start. And all we had to provide was a home with lots of dirt for it to tunnel in and wood for it to eat. No poop to clean up after, no incessant barking, no need to take them for walks, no shedding all over my house, no chewed up shoes..............best pets ever!!! And luckily Porter brought home two, so Paige got one too. So meet our new pets Bess and Sparky:



1 comments:
I agree- great pets! We've had hermit crabs, fish, and frogs- all relatively easy...but still too much work for me! ;)
Post a Comment