Sunday, May 2, 2010

SO MANY POSTS, SO LITTLE TIME

I have so many posts to catch up on. I took this picture back at the beginning of April because I was excited about getting our first harvest of the year. Matt planted all this asparagus last year, but the first year you're supposed to let it all go to seed. This year we only need to let some of it go to seed, so the rest we get to pick and enjoy! And boy are we enjoying it!! Well, not the kids so much, but Matt and I love it. (and of course because it's Matt, we get to have PURPLE asparagus)
I had to just shake my head when Matt took a trip to the nursery to buy seeds and came home with all these crazy tomato varieties. Last year he went wild with our beans, and I guess this year he wanted to experiment with some tomatoes. Purple, Green Zebra, Great White, Orange, & Chocolate Drop..........should be interesting. Anyway, we're really excited that it's garden time. Can't wait to restock my freezer and storage shelves. Stay tuned for more exciting garden posts as the summer progresses........I know you are all excited to find out how it feels to bite into a brown tomato!

1 comments:

Melyssa said...

HAHAHA! That's hilarious. I can just imagine him standing there looking at the seeds and thinking, "Hmmm. I think I'll get ALL of them." Funny. Do tell us how they all taste!