Monday, January 17, 2011

ALL DONE!!

I was hoping to post this yesterday, but after teaching two primary classes at church yesterday I came home seriously wiped out!! I thought it would be an easy gig, but both classes decided to challenge my patience (which I am the first to admit I don't always have much of!) And after we got home, my kids were not too cooperative. Ben is trying to challenge Paige for reigning drama queen in our house, and he can really push my buttons. He spent a good half hour whining in a kitchen chair telling me that he refused to eat anything but breadsticks, and when I kept refusing to make some he seriously sat there moaning "I'm going to die!"

So here is what I wanted to write: FINALLY FINISHED MY PROJECT!! WOOHOO! The past couple of years have brought so many new stresses and challenges to our life, and I have really let my crafting and a lot of other things in my life slide. I have forgotten how wonderful it feels to create something that you really love! I have missed it! It has really felt good this last week to focus on getting things done.......all the practical daily life things as well as my fun little project. The fun little project is just a lot more interesting to write about then all the other stuff, though, so here it is!

So, I am thinking it was sometime over the past summer that I decided to make slipcovers for my couch pillows. They are pretty blah, right?


I didn't want to spend any money, so I just used fabric and ribbon I had to make these two. I got my inspiration for the third pillow from someone's blog........they had made this cute dress for their little girl. I wish I had bookmarked the site. Anyway, I started on the pillow, but lost interest and it has been sitting unfinished all these months.
Here it is finally finished! I cut a pattern for the bird and branches out on my Cricut. Then I traced them onto felt, cut them out, and stitched them onto my pillow front. The flowers are just ribbon that I folded to look like flowers and stitched a spiral in the middle to hold in place.
I am so excited to finally have this project done. I know exactly the project I am going to tackle next, and I can't wait to get started on it. And as you can see the fireplace area behind my couch is definitely in need of a little love, so that is also on my to-do list.

Now I am off to tackle some of my less interesting unfinished projects like dishes in the sink, unfolded laundry, unreturned phone calls, and dirty bathroom.........

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute but everything you make turns out well. So what is your next project? You can tell me in private.

Katie said...

Kaci I LOVE those pillows!!!! You did fantastic.......as usual

Tiffany said...

They turned out so cute! I might have to steal your idea for pillow covers to add some life to our boring couch pillows.

Kara said...

I totally forgot about those pillows! I love them and want them for my couch!

The Blomquist Bunch said...

Those turned out awesome, Kace! And I'm so impressed with your skills--both the sewing and design and the FINISHING a project skills! WOOHOO! Thanks for sharing your success--it's inspiring!

Kelley said...

Love your pillows! They look so good! Great thinking on using your cricut for applique patterns!

Kori said...

Those look great! Love your stories too!