Wednesday, January 12, 2011

THE END

I know that a new year usually gets people thinking about new beginnings and starting new habits. Well, my thinking this year has been kind of in the opposite direction.......I have been thinking a lot about endings. Ending old habits. More specifically, ending all these things in my life that are causing unhappiness, uncertainty, doubt, etc., etc., etc. I have been talking a lot to my sister Kara about our tendency to start things, but then never finish them...........or to come up with great ideas, but then never follow through. So I got very inspired last week that this was going to be something I can put an end to. I was thinking of so many unfinished projects that it would make me so happy to have finished. So many things that I have been intending to do for people that I just never get motivated enough to do. I was going to blog all about it, so that everyone would know, and I would be officially committed to it. And guess what happened? The next day, I picked an unfinished project that I thought would be an easy one to start with and I worked on it for a little bit, but by the day after that my enthusiasm had fizzled out again. So......not off to a good start. But fortunately for me I have a great sister who listened to all my excitement and plans last week, and also took this little challenge upon herself. She just did a great post on her blog about her unfinished project that she motivated herself enough to finish up. Thanks, Kara, that was just the motivation I needed to get my excitement back! So I am definitely working on my project, and I will hopefully be posting about THE END of it soon!

1 comments:

Kelley said...

You can do it, Kaci! Too bad I'm not closer - I'd help you knock out all those unfinished projects! Can't wait to see them on your blog!