I was hoping to get more interesting things done with my week, but then I unexpectedly had to work. Yup, that's right, I got a job. An actual job outside of my home for the first time in almost eleven years!!! Most of you know that Matt lost his job awhile ago, and it has just gotten to the point where I felt I didn't have a choice but to try to earn some money. (more money than I was earning babysitting!) So I applied at several places, and good ol' Walmart was the only place to give me a call. I started my training there this week, and it has been a pretty big adjustment.......for all of us. Matt told me that on my first day of work Ben said "I miss mom.....she plays games with me!"
I feel like a kid starting kindergarten.......you know they aren't used to having those long, full of activity kind of days and they would come home exhausted and in need of a nap until they adjusted. That was pretty much me the last few days. Even though I really didn't do much of anything at work, (Friday I was at a computer doing training videos all day!! Ugh!) I always came home yawning up a storm and wanting to go to bed. Hopefully that won't last too much longer. It's definitely going to be a new challenge for me, being a working mom. I know so many other awesome moms do it, but I am definitely worried about being up for this challenge. I'll keep ya'll posted on how things are going..........
6 years ago
1 comments:
I am going through withdrawals! I can't randomly call you and talk about nothing anymore!
Post a Comment