One of our trees is always the first one on the block to start losing it's leaves. By the time it is done our other tree has started to lose it's leaves. It seems like we are raking leaves long before anyone else and long after everyone else is done. The kids love it, though! Leaf piles are a great source of entertainment! This year, raking leaves provided some entertainment that I wasn't expecting....CRICKETS!
Paige has become a huge fan of crickets since one of her friend's at school said how much she loves them. This is the little girl who usually screams at the top her lungs at the sight of even the tiniest bug, and yet, Paige was thrilled to see all the little tiny crickets hopping through the grass and across the driveway as we stirred them up with the rake.
The kids completely lost interest in jumping in the leaves because trying to catch crickets was way more fun.
4 comments:
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Stop the press! TWO posts in one week?!! Look out bloggin world, here she comes!
I'm so glad you decided to join in! Can't wait to read all your many posts. I think it's so fun to hear little tidbits and see the pictures to go with it. I love your background and the cute font! Keep the posts coming.
Hooray! I'm so excited. I miss you soooooooo much. You may not believe it (since I don't keep in touch too often) but I really, really do. Your kids are getting so big. I cannot believe Ben is potty training. Wasn't he just born? Time has gone by too fast. There is always that possibility we'll be coming back that way and we don't think that would be such a bad idea because we could come be with you.
Keep blogging!
luvs
Kara
Crickets - fun! I remember the days of catching lizards in Florida and making them into living jewelry. Ha ha. Those were the days... Your kids are adorable!
Debra
Post a Comment