Tuesday, October 28, 2008

TOFW

I was so blessed to be able to attend Time Out For Women last Friday and Saturday. It is a wonderful conference full of talks and music meant to strengthen and uplift women. It definitely did that. I went home on Saturday feeling so happy, peaceful, and rejuvinated. I really have to thank my mother-in-law because if it weren't for her I wouldn't have gone. And then in the end she wasn't even able to go because she had to work at the temple at the last minute. One of the best parts of the whole experience was all the wonderful women I was able to share it with. Not just the ones that I came with, but all the old friends and new friends I met there. We ran into so many old friends that we hadn't seen in such a long time. It was like one big reunion and we couldn't wait to see who we would run into next.

The speakers and the musicians were fantastic! On Friday night one of the highlights was listening to Jenny Oaks Baker. I wouldn't normally pick violin music to listen to, but I can't even say how amazingly gorgeous her music is. Besides the fact that she is so stinkin cute and hilarious! Kenneth Cope and Cherie Call also performed some of there beautiful songs along with so many wonderful speakers that I won't take time to talk about them all. The main theme was having a joyful life, and I defninitely came home feeling that I could see all the joy in life and not just dwell on the hardships.

I was so happy that I was able to share this experience with some of my family. I was able to invite my sister Kara to use one of our spare tickets. I think it was meant to be because she usually works Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights, but she just happened to have Friday night off and ended up not having to go into work on Saturday. Everything is more fun with Kara around!! I am so glad she came!

Don't you just love the nice mint hanging out of my mouth in this picture?! I took a picture of Kara with some friends she ran into, and her friend took her mint out of her mouth before I took the picture.......next time I will definitely be smart enough to do that!
This is me with my sister Kristell and friend Michaela having an impromptu picnic during our lunch break and coveting the Jimmy Johns we had seen delivered on our way to the parking lot. This is Kara with our friend Sarah that we were so happy to run into because we don't get to see her very often. She stayed at my parent's house a couple of summers and has become an honorary Rose girl.
On Friday night my sister-in-law just happened to save us seats right next to a couple of old friends, Ginger and Alycia (Robbins). Ginger was one of the very first friends I made when we moved to Nebraska when I was in fifth grade. I remember how excited I was when I found out that she was Mormon too! Kara and I had so much fun talking to Ginger and Alycia during our break Friday night. They are so fun and after listening to them I have resolved that my family is going to have a lot more girls night outs!! My sister-in-law Amy drove all the way from Ottumwa, IA (about a 4 hour drive) and it was so fun to spend time with her.


The fun girls I got to hang out with all day Saturday: me, my sister Kristell, sister-in-law Tiffany, sister Kara, and friend Michaela. It wouldn't have been quite so awesome without you guys!

5 comments:

Kara said...

hey, thanks for inviting me! I really had a good time...by the way I'm in way to many of these pictures....Next time I'll be the one taking the pic and your'll be in the picture- ya I like that idea!

Anonymous said...

Glad I could help!

Jay and Kara Barney said...

I love all the new posts. That is so awesome you had such a great time. Thanks for the picture of the kids. I couldn't believe how big they are now. Tell Matt he is such a sweetheart.
luvs
Kara

Kori said...

Sounds like a great time! Glad you all got to go!

Tiffany said...

I had so much fun too! I'm glad we could all go together!