Wednesday, October 22, 2008

FLOWER & FARM

This past week was such a busy one, and I have lots to blog about!! I think I will do it in bits and pieces though to keep you all coming back for more! First off, I have to brag a little about my awesome husband. A couple weeks ago we were having one of those chilly, rainy, gloomy days that we've been having way too much of lately. By dinnertime my mood had turned gloomy too. After being subjected to my grumpiness for a little while, Matt surprised me by going outside (in the rain) to pick this gorgeous Dahlia for me! Matt knows how much I love flowers, and it was so sweet of him to go pick this to make me smile! And then he shocked me with his sweetness again that Saturday. Matt almost always gets up after me, but that morning he had gotten up early to go help clean the church and dump stuff off at the Bellevue clean up. After getting up with the kids and getting them situated, I managed to climb back into bed. I was absolutely determined to sleep in as long as I wanted. It was about 9:30 when Matt came in and surprised me with breakfast in bed! I know that we all want our husbands to spoil us like this all the time, but I think it was all the sweeter because I don't get spoiled all the time.


So, back to this past week........it started off with a fun visit from my sister Kara who lives in Lincoln. She wanted my help with a project (check out her blog for the end result), so we spent the day shopping and crafting.......does it get any better than that?? On Tuesday, Kara told me about a fun play date she had with some girls she works with, so Ben and I headed up to Lincoln to tag along. We went to a place called Sunwest Farms and took a hayride to pick pumpkins and then let the kids jump in the bouncy house (I don't know the official name for those things.......maybe it is bouncy house, but you know what I'm talking about right?) The kids had so much fun, but I think they were all most excited to just sit and eat cookies before we left. We were so blessed because the rain held off until we were leaving. Then we went to lunch and did a little shopping before I had to head home to pick Porter and Paige up from school. It was so fun to get to spend a couple of days with Kara and Justin!





3 comments:

Kelley said...

Maybe you should all stop blogging! You are making me jealous that I don't live in Nebraska anymore! I sure miss you! Oh yeah, your magnet board craft is really, really cute! :)

Tiffany said...

That was so sweet of Matt! Don't those things just make your day!?!

Kara said...

hey, so cool flower- it looks so exotic. You'll have to tell me where you guys bought them, so I can plant some in my yard next year! Had a blast at the pumpkin patch with you! I'm so glad we beat the rain!