Tuesday, October 7, 2008

TAKING THE PLUNGE

Soooo.......my sister, Kara, started this blog for me back in April, and as you can see I have not enthusiastically jumped on the bloggin bandwagon. I have been a little overwhelmed at the thought of trying to figure out how this all works, but I've decided the time has come to just jump in and do it! This writing part is pretty easy to figure out........I'll try to figure out the adding pictures part later.

Let me give you a quick rundown of our life right now: we had a fun, busy summer, the highlight of which was a trip to Maui that Matt and I took for his sister's wedding. (Thank you Troy and Kaelia for choosing to get married there so we could have such a wonderful vacation!) It was a pretty wonderful start to a busy summer filled with baseball, swimming, camping, scouting, playing, barbecuing, gardening, canning........and as it turned out, our summer ended with a wedding too when my sister Katie married David at the end of July. Now the kids are back in school and it is nice to feel like life is back to normal. Matt is still working for Ecolab and was called to be the Elders Quorum president at church not too long ago. He is the gardener in the family and plants a wonderful garden each year that keeps us busy with weeding, watering, harvesting, canning, and freezing. He is also working on remodeling our master bathroom and various other never ending projects around the house. I just recently got released from working with the Young Women at church which made me very sad. I am now a den leader in cub scouts which is definitely a whole new world for me to learn about. I also am the new Enrichment leader which is also going to be a huge learning experience for me. (If anyone has any good ideas or advice for enrichment please feel free to pass it on!) I am still a stay at home mom. It has been fun to get to spend some quality time with Ben while Paige and Porter are at school. Right now we are finally getting serious about potty-training. I put it off because of our trips during the summer and how busy we were and because......well......I just absolutely hate potty-training! Since he will be turning three next month I figured I can't put it off any longer. So, hopefully sometime soon I will be done with diapers for good! Porter is eight and in the third grade. He is in cub scouts and keeps busy by playing with friends when he is not hooked to the XBOX. Paige is six and in first grade. She has a busy social life already, is taking dance lessons, and is about to start girl scouts.

That's our life right now in a nutshell. Hopefully with this blog I can fill in a lot of the little details of day to day life that make life interesting, but that often don't get mentioned when we're trying to cram all the bits of our lives into one short letter. Hopefully getting this first post out of the way will give me the motivation to keep it up. And maybe one day soon you'll actually get to enjoy pictures with my posts!!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Yippee, Horaay! I don't know why I wanted you to have a blog so bad...it' not like I don't know what's going on, anyway...I talk to you just about every day! Well, I'm glad! Now....just keep it up!

Kelley said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I'm looking forward to hearing about your family, but make sure you post lots of your cards and crafts!!